Private Medical Insurance
What else do I need to know?
Both indemnity and cash-plan policies can have additional benefits. For example:
- Cover for partners and/or children
- One-to-one telephone support for cancer and heart patients
- Patient health checks and helplines
- Access to complementary therapies and psychiatric treatment
- Dental and optical treatment
- Treatment at home for intravenous therapies like chemotherapy
Another variation is a six-week plan which covers the costs of private medical treatment when NHS waiting times for that treatment are likely to be more than six weeks.
International private medical insurance policies (IPMI) provide medical treatment costs cover to expatriates living overseas.
Main benefits of private medical insurance are:
- 1. Shorter waiting times for treatment on the NHS
- 2. Better facilities
- 3. Faster diagnosis
- 4. Choose from a range of private facilities
- 5. Choose a convenient time for appointments and treatments
Nothing is more important to you than your health and the health of your family. If you or your loved ones were to experience worrying symptoms, private medical insurance offers reassurance and control at a difficult time.